Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3rd 2013

Hey... So how about I never leave? How about I just stay on a mission forever?
I love my new area and my new companion. Like I said last week, I'm in Avrora which is right next to Bezi where I used to be. Sister Clyde and I took a taxi over with all my luggage and we forgot our phone so it was quite the stressful adventure to find the sisters' apartment! Especially when their dom-a-phone and door bell didn't work! We live on the ninth floor in a cozy kvarteera (apt) with three little balconies that overlook a courtyard of trees. The trees give off puff of cotton that fill the air and fall like snow, but in a floating way that sometimes feels eerie and other times mystical when the sun's shining. We need to get curtains though because the sun comes us at 3:45 am. I know this because it wakes me up every time. 
The area is much more Urban and rich. Everyone so educated and fashionable, it's weird. And there are much larger and newer domes. And stores with big boats and brown sugar. We've only met with a few investigators so far so I'm not fully acquainted with everyone yet, but church was yesterday! The branch is huge!! At least it feel like it to me. There was around 60-70 people there, some families but mostly adults. President and Sister Sartori were also there so that was a treat, especially since they were in Bezi last week so I caught them two weeks in a row. The new president, President Schuab, is getting surgery, or has already I think. He had a cancerous tumor around his throat. :/ They said he should be fine and should be coming at the time he was to come in late June but they pushed it back to the Sartori's are staying here until August!! I hope President Schuab is okay! 
My new district is also quite a bit larger. It used to be just three sets of missionaries and now there's five. Because we are close to the office we have the assistants and the training sisters in our district. The training sisters are a new thing they've started in our mission. I think it's like what Teddi's been doing in the states but they go on exchanges with all the sisters in the mission and are like zone leaders in that they go to a bunch of meetings and stuff. So they called Sister Pierce and Sister Scoville this cycle to start that off. I've worked with both of them before since Sister Scoville trained Sister Lund and Sister Pierce stayed with us for a visa trip. It's really weird having a new companion. The process is basically the same as leaving Sister Lund. At first I'm open to the idea of changing things up and then I realize/remember how awesome my companion is and how much I love them and then I get really sad and then we sit on the idea for a while that we're splitting and then we travel to our next destination and meet our new companion and then all of the sudden I get this feeling down deep in my gut... like that we're not companions. I no longer feel like the old comp is my comp therefore making the transition completely natural. Anyway, Sister Moffat is really great. Very sweet but also very sincere and real. Our teaching methods are also very similar so I'm excited to work with her. It's also great to be in a companionship where it's even. I'm no longer being trained!!! WOooo. 
Love you all and think about you often. Until next week! 
сестра джонсон

No comments:

Post a Comment