Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 6th 2013

The time is coming! I'm leaving in 12 days!!! I CANNOT wait. Or as you would say in Russian, I wait with no patience (they don't have a word for excited). They also don't have a word for wish. And I've also been told they don't understand sarcasm. They are a very serious people it seems. I have a feeling I'll fit right in. :) A new sister came into the district downstairs and she has already served for two months in Rostov (the mission just south of Samara) a year ago but came home for some medical reason. She gets to go back when we leave and we've been able to hear more about what it's like to be a missionary there which is nice since my teachers went to the Baltic mission and Ukraine. Anyway, she said that she LOVED it there and that the members are absolutley great! But she also mentioned that she was surprised at how sad everyone was and that they would just stare at you because you were happy and you were American and wearing dress clothes and a tag. That should be interesting... haha we got a taste of that in Mexico, mom. But I think hey, at least if they're already looking at me it won't be too hard to start a conversation. Oi, I just cannot wait. It will also be nice to get outside. Still love the MTC, it's still one of the best places on earth, but it's not in my nature to be satisfied with staying indoors all day. Especially with those beautiful mountains right above us. I now know why I didn't go to BYU. I would never have gotten anything done. I would have always been in the mountains or staring up at them. Ask Sister Lund, I get pretty distracted.... lol
So since I'm leaving soon we better get some business out of the way. I got those skirts and good job picking them out! I would have liked them but they were all too small. Not like "oh maybe if I loose a few pounds I could fit into them" small but like "I would have to be a concentration camp survivor to fit into these" small. Sorry!! And the thing is there aren't any return slips in them so I don't know how to return them and I can only send them out on my P-day and I only have one P-day left so I'm not sure what to do. I know that when I leave I can have someone pick up some of my things. So Squire could come get some of my stuff. That is an option if we need to. Don't worry about sending me different skirts, I think it's just too hard to buy things online, especially when I'm not doing the buying. And there's not really enough time, and I'm okay with what I have. Plus, you need to save your money because you and dad need to go on a mission!! That's random, but I've decided. If any way possible you should go when Emily leaves. Maybe you've already thought about it. :)
In the subject of buying things though it would be nice to have a pair or two of thermal garments. You can use my account.
If I didn't thank you for the stamps you sent me forever ago, thanks! And you even sent me tree stamps :) I love you.
MTC life is the same... we keep getting loads more people. The ratio of elders to sisters used to be 8:1 right before I got here and now when I leave a teacher told me that it will be really close to 1:1!! It's amazing! That means more missions and more people being taught. Good to hear about President Brown! Sister Caroline Hafen told me a few days ago and I think that's great! He's a great man and I'm going to miss him when I get back to report. Wonder who's next in line after him!
Speaking of which, I'm not sure where my setting apart blessing is. I think I sent it to myself in an email if you could forward it to me.
Also, please send me that picture of me and Teddi... I can't believe she's training! That's my girl!! ;) I use that mug she gave me all the time. For once I'm glad I didn't listen to you mom. ;) lol can you please forward me her emails if it's okay with her parents?!? I'm dying to hear from her!
One more thing. I need my driver's license hard copy before I leave!
 
Love you all so much!! I can't wait to call you in the airport soon!
CECTPA Johnson
 
P.S. Mom and Chantal were the only ones who wrote me this week. Come on. You can do better than that.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment