Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17th 2014


Happy Valentines Day!!! Would it suprise you to say that we celebrated with pink frosted sugar cookies? &cheap matching rings with my compy. :) I love serving with Sister Sigman, we are just fantasic friends, I love it.   
Thanks for the updates on the Olympics! I've been super curious about what's going on! The closest I've got is little Sochi toys in Kinder eggs... lol Oh! and a couple days ago we heard from a group on very loud young men that Russia lost to America in a hockey game. They were not super happy about that... yeah. 
A couple of you have asked about Svetlana and I realized that I haven't updated you on the area in a while. As a result of what was clearly the Lord's mercy and our faith in him, our area has seen significant progress. The 'numbers' are up and we have a few people progressing towards baptism and a handful of news. We've done quite a bit of teaching, which is awesome but now I've got to learn how to teach!! Svetlana is doing good. She was in the hospital for a while but now she's back and we've been meeting frequently. We were frustrated because we weren't sure what was keeping her from baptism and we felt like we were going in circles. So we did a special fast on saturday for her and met with her that night. It just turned out that we didn't have a member with us and I think she felt a bit more comfortable because she just spilled everything out to us. Turns out she has a lot of concerns... those mainly being that she doesn't understand how only we have authority to baptize, she doesn't feel worthy for baptism and she understands the social consequences that occur when your friends, family and neighbors even hear the word 'Mormon.' So we're working with that. It was cool cause the next day on sunday she came to church and the subjects we talked about addressed each one of those concerns exactly. 
Thanks for letting me know my departure date. I've been kinda wondering about that... just kinda good to know after which cycle I'm leaving. looks like I've only got 2 cycles after this one. Ridiculous!!!!!! I remember a couple cycles back I was praying about an extention (a prayer I'm pretty sure every missionary prays) and I got the impression that my mission would be exactly long enough. That has been a great assurance through it all since then.
Love you all so much and your love is a lifeline to me! Thank you for each word of affection and encouragment! I'm grateful for how my mission has made our family stronger-- that is a great success.
Sister Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment