Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19th 2014

My mission is wrapping up. Loose ends are culminating into somthing very profound. Heavenly Father really does see the big picture. I'm coming to realize that more and more now, of how intricatly involved He is in everything that is in my life and that is everywhere. I may not always understand it and sometimes I get frustrated, frustrated that I have the liahona in my hands, am following it and still feel lost, lost in the wilderness. But then the promised land comes into view and it all starts to click. I laugh and cry and shout with thanksgiving that I truly have not been forsaken, in fact, I have been chosen. I'm so full of gratitude and love and I pray that the Lord will accept my efforts as I continue to press on these next three weeks.THREE weeks. This week went so fast that I can hardly admit to myself what that means about the next three weeks. Not a piece of me wants to go home right now but I know it's right. I know that an end has to come.. it's like a good book! every page is exhilirating and you don't want to put it down and you don't want it to end but you keep pushing on to finish because you have to see what's going to happen and because, well... you can't spend your whole life reading a book. But you can definately start new ones! okay, now I realize that I just brought us to the classic cliche of "turning a new page" or "starting a new chapter in life." But in any case, my mission is the best book I've ever lived. And that's because God wrote it, every word, even when I didn't know it. I mean, who but God could conjour such intense character development, or paint such a glorious setting, with such unique tone and voice just for me? There has been suspenseful peaks, peaceful valleys, danger, action, even romance (don't worry, nothing to do with me). And don't forget the many inspirational moments and humor sprinkled throughout. :)
It has been an unforgettable experience and it's not over yet!
This week was so miraculous! We're still meeting with that one woman I told you about on mothers' day-- she is a miracle in and of herself. I feel so blessed to know her, I've never met anyone like her. The best way I think I can describe her is like a yoda in the shape of a small russian woman with eyes that are so bright and a laugh that is so endearing. She's pure like a child and wise like a monk. But not a monk because she's internalizing truth at the rate of only one completely prepared by God. Heavenly Father has truly brought us together and I'm so grateful for her in my life. 
My time's short but be prepared for a looootttt of talking when I get back cause I'm sure I'll be letting more dets out in person.
Love,
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment