Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Pre-companion Reunion

Seeing Teddi Today was wonderful!

 We had just got back from the temple (it's huge by-the-way) and were eating lunch in the cafeteria. I was sitting by the window where the Russian speakers always sit (Russian speakers call it the iron curtain) watching every single missionary walk by, I inspected each name tag for an orange dot, referred to as a dork dot, meaning that its your first day (sometimes the MTC is a bit like a high school.)

When we were walking back from the temple one of the curb workers told us that over 100 new sisters were coming in today! I thought for sure I'd never find her so i -drumming my fingers anxiously, So excited I could jump right out of my skin!- said a little prayer and a few minutes later there she goes walking by!
I recognized her from her funky black cardigan. I let out a yell/scream and threw my half eaten apple (who knows where) as I ran up and out the door. My companion quickly rushed after me trying to keep within the sight and sound rule. I yelled name while side stepping on-coming traffic, frantically trying to get her attention before they whisked her away. She couldn't hear me, probably wasn't used to being called Sister Dyer yet. :)
Finally , I caught her in the bookstore, casually tapped her on the shoulder "Excuse me Sister." She turned around and then came an explosion of hugs, tears, and excitement, with shrapnel of love showering innocent bystanders.

I'm so excited, like the giddy kind that makes you start laughing randomly just because you're happy kind of excited, that she's here. Teddilynn is Sister Dyer now and she'll never the same Teddi again. That's the truth and it's a beautiful truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment