Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January One

It's a new year and I'm off to meet my fate--a three month sentence at the compound Missionary Training Center. Just kidding of course, I've heard it's a great place and I'm determined to love it.
Originally, I wanted to fly there (faster, easier, and much more exhilarating than driving). But now I'm kind of glad we drove. The passenger side is a 10 hour motion picture of the country I call home. A thin layer of snow creates a blank page on which grass, sage, rocks and tall pines lay their mark.Goodbyes come easily to me and I could easily rush to Utah without a backwards glance. But I can can hear my future homesick, lonely self beckoning me to soak in every bit of this wintery composition, so I am.

I won't really be gone too long but leaving gives me a chance to look at all I will have left behind. I truly am so blessed!

Miracle of the day: The roads were dry and we made it to Utah safe and sound. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got there safely! enjoy every moment, and hope that you'll have the time of your life! Love you sooo very much!<3 ~ Carla

    ReplyDelete