Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30th 2013

THE NEW RUSSKIS ARE COMING IN TODAY!!! My babies! I'm so excited! Wednesdays are my favorite not only because it's P-day and I get to go to the temple but because the new missionaries come in!! It gets me so excited for them I keep laughing and smiling and telling them how much their going to love it here. There are 603 missionaries coming in today...isn't that crazy?! They just keep coming in swarms! They put up a sign in our dome (residence hall) that they're going to add a bunk bed to each room. I have no idea how that's going to work but the MTC's trying to figure out where they're going to put everyone. It's just amazing how the Lord is moving His work forward--look at the army he's prepared! I love it! And mom, yeah I've heard about how Russia's trying to get us kicked out. They've actually succeeded in getting the Jehovah's witnesses out in some areas (maybe all?) but this is the Lord's work and if we are kicked out there would be a purpose, but I honestly do not think that at this time when the work is hastening that He would let that happen. Maybe I'm wrong but there is such an urgency here, a determination to never back down and surge forward. This is the best time to be a missionary. I love it so much, more than I ever thought possible. For those who are wondering if they should go on a mission, I say GO! and go as soon as you can. The Lord has a place for you that only you can fill.  Now is the time to forget yourself and now is the time to step up. Now is the time to decide whom you will serve. Make the decision, never turn back and you will NEVER regret it.
Along the lines of weekly report, it's been pretty normal around here. Lots of little amazing things but nothing huge. I've seen some pretty cool people, and I always love that. The general primary president came to speak to us and the General Relief Society president. I also ran into my Chem Lab partner... whom I never thought I'd ever see again, let alone on a mission. Crazy how the Lord will take people where they've never expected. I also see Elder Spratling at about every meal. He says "Hi" to mom and dad. :) Oh, and mom I met Sister Voyles and Elder Christianson from the District my first week. I forgot to tell you that and I thought you'd like to know.
Elder ------- wrote us last week telling us about how he's doing. Going home has been the hardest thing he's ever done. He wants to come back and the MTC said that if he was cleared by the doctor he could be called back to the same mission. He said that he has been cleared but they won't let him back for another three months. My heart just absolutely breaks for him and I wish he could come back to our district but he's got to go and bless another district and love and lead them the way he did us.
The older Russkis have their flight itinerary, Russian badges and everything, and are leaving this Monday!! It's going to be so weird with them gone but I'm so excited for them!
We had to reapply for our visa this week... apparently we applied too early or something. I sure hope everything works out just fine with all that. Paper work can be a pain and even though I love the MTC (as you know) I would not want to stay here any longer than I have to.
Thanks for your letter/dear elders and emails. I love hearing about what's going on at home. Sorry I haven't been able to write much by way of response to them.
Love you!!
Cectpa Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment