Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15th 2013

Hey so this week was great! and weird! as usual! 
I am healthy now, thankfully, but Sister Moffatt crippled herself playing soccor on saturday. Therefore, it was a struggle to get to church once again on sunday with her barely able to walk. The miracle is though, that both this week and last week when I was really sick the tram has come at exactly the right time to pick us up. There's a stop right by our apartment and there's another stop about a 15 min walk away that we normally use because it takes to long for the number 18 tram to come by the one near our apt. I have actually never seen a number 18 go by the stop near us except this sunday and last sunday and both times it has come right as we walk up to the stop. It really was a miracle. Just one of those sweet moments when you look up and say, "thanks Heavenly Father, I didn't really need you to do that but you did anyway cause you're just that kind." 
Last thursday Sister Moffatt and I both got wedding proposals. It was my first time here, not Sister Moffatt's... haha :) I laugh but it's actually pretty annoying when men get weird and keep calling us. We just want to work! We're on a mission to get AWAY from men. Not here to get married, thank you. On that note, I can't tell you how many times a day we get told to get a husband by random strangers on the street. I just want to shake them and say "that's not all there is to life!" I mean... it kind of is.. but it's not!         Rant over. 
Sister Lund (MTC comp) is in Samara! She got moved to Bezi, my old area! It's so good to see her again and now she's teaching all the people Sister Clyde and I taught and found which is cool. I trust her. Especially with dear Erina. I told you a little bit about Erina and Anya when we skyped on Mothers' Day. That was around when we first started teaching them. Erina is the mom who had an internet relationship with a man in America (she's also pregnant now so that may have changed) and Anya is the daughter who is a singer. There's also a younger daughter but sadly I can't remember her name because I only met her a couple times. Anyway, we gave them the Book of Mormon on a sunday and they were into Alma by tuesday! They read it all together and finished it soon thereafter. Welllll guess what I learned this saturday!! Erina knows the Book of Mormon is true and has a strong testimony of it's ability to answer life questions. She also has expressed a desire to get baptized. :) It's so hard not to be with them right now and I was really worried about them last week because I saw them randomly on the street in my area (another miracle!) but Sister Clyde had said that they had just wanted to be friends and that they probably weren't going anywhere in the gospel. So, needless to say, I was sooo excited to hear the news on saturday that Erina wants to be baptized. I just hope and pray that she continues to gain a testimony of everything else and that she is willing to change her life. I love her and her little family so much! 
I love how my mission is teaching me to more fully appreciate and understand the simple things in the Gospel like faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, other covenants and commandments... learning how to live it and how to help others live it. 
Well I guess that's just about it! Talk to you next week & I love you all. 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment