Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29th 2013

CHRISTMAS IN JULYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I got your package on friday. Yep. Guess that postal service isn't too slow after all. Sending it 6 months ahead was jumping the gun a bit but if it makes you feel better Sister Moffatt and I sang a Christmas hymn that morning (randomly). :) and it came at the perfect time because I've been antsy to get a package. Annnddd since I was so antsy and 5 months is way too long to wait, I opened it. :) hope that doesn't bother you!! and I love it!! It's so beautiful and soft and very well done, honestly it looks like from the store. I snuggle with it in the mornings during studies :) and I know I'm going to keep it forever--not only as a keepsake from my mission but from my sissy who loves me soo much and that I love and miss dearly. The card was perfect too... you've always had a knack for picking the most fitting cards. I'm not entirely sure what I'm to do with the pendant thingy though so I'm gunna need some instruction on that.
 
I'm so sorry!! I feel really bad for not writing a bigger email today, especially since last week's was small but I focused on writing individual letters today. 
The time is flying by and every week is starting to feel the same. My week really fast though... President and Sister Sartori fly out in a few days and the new one is coming in! We also got a new office couple who are from the Vancouver, Wash area. 
Oh but the biggest focus has been on the Work of Salvation broadcast. We have our own copy so I've watched it like 5 times already. We have really been making a big push to change the missionary culture in our branch to where members and missionaries work together. So far I have seen some little miracles. One of them being that our branch mission leader actually asked me what he could do for us! He was such a big help! and the greatest part was just knowing that he was there for us and to feel supported. Dad and Teresa, I can not tell you how big a different a good ward mission leader can make. 
Love ya! 
Sister Johnson

PS- Russian tidbit. Yesterday was a Russian Orhodox holiday celebrating the baptism of Russia. I didn't know you could baptize a country but I suppose it was done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment