Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8th 2013

"Serving God and our fellow men will challenge us and transform us into something greater than we ever thought possible... Perhaps it is true that we are weak. Perhaps we are not wise or mighty. But when God works through us, no one and nothing can stand against us." 
 --President Uchtdorf, "Four Titles" April 2013 General Conference

Hey! So transfers are this week and looks like I'm staying in Avrora with Sister Moffatt! :) Lot's of people are getting switched around this cycle but we're staying together, which is great because we have big plans for these next six weeks. It's our time, I can feel it. It's sad though that I had to start off the cylce sick. Yesterday I got the flu and a 101 degree fever. Pretty much came at the worst time since it was the last sunday for a lot of the elders Sister Moffatt was close to and all of the elders going home go to the Avrora branch for their last sunday. So we went for Correlation meeting and the first two hours of church but I couldn't make it after that. But I was so glad I went because Emma came to church!! She's an inactive that we meet with every other week. She's been to the temple and everything, it's just hard for her to get to church because she's old and can't walk. Brother Vinegrad is willing to bring her to church every week and always asks her but I think she gets embarrassed by the hassle of it all. But she was there and it made me so happy to see her and to sit next to her. Also rewarding was to find that the other inactive in our area that we visit, Olga, brought a friend with her to church! and we hope to meet with her soon. 
Other events this week... Svetlana was baptized! She was the assisstant's investigator that was sceduled to be baptized with Tolia last week. And she received the Holy Ghost yesterday (another reason I had to be at church). 
On the Fourth of July we celebrated with a cultural activity and went to Stalin's bunker (I find that patriotic in a round about way). It was a pretty small museum type place with a little tour into the 12-story down bunker where there was a small office and a large confrence room. You will see pictures eventually. I loved the history of it all. :) 
Well this is it for this week. I'm still a bit fuzzy in the head from being sick and all but I hope you have a great week! Love you all. 
Sister Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment