Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30th 2013


Happy New Year! 

Christmas was fantastic and it was so precious to talk to you all! I really treasured that time and it kinda restored and refreshed me to head into the last third of my mission. Afterward I just felt so completed and ready. I have a feeling the long stretch is over and it's all going to go super fast from here on out. So I'm going to kick it into an even higher gear and wear out every minute of it! As dad said, this work really does bring me the greatest joy!! & it's fun! :) I hope I don't emphasis too much on the hard parts of the mission. It really is a ton of good times and laughter! In fact, I frequently ask for a joke from my companion or from members and in our district meeting it's always written into our district leaders agenda to have a daily joke. It's important not to take life too seriously cause that just makes hard things harder. Also, it's easier to serve those around you when a smile is on your face and in your heart. Any emotion is contagious, but especially happiness.
After our skyping session we headed out to Saratov for a special Christmas zone conference which = regular conference+ delicious Christmas dinner made by Sister Schwab personally+ the First Presidency Christmas broadcast! It was pretty great! Focused all on the Savior and the same old concecrated missionary jazz this mission's super hot about. THIS mission is teaching me how to keep my temple covenants. Yes, I may be far from the temple and yeah, it's been a while since I've been through a session but here the temple is being internalized inside of me. One of those quality versus quantity things. I wish the quantity was up with with out quality, quantity means a lot less. 
We have seen some progress in our area. Since that one new investigator on my birthday we have found 7 more. Pretty much a miracle. And we had my first lesson with someone from the street since I was in Samara this past week. Also, in the elders area a couple who had their names removed from the church have expressed a desire to get baptized and came to church yesterday. 
Things are about to get crazy in Balakova! :) 
Oh and remember Dachney?? My beloved Dachney? You would be pleased to hear that Tamara, our only investigator there and mother of my favorite member was baptized on Saturday, December 28, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so elated, sad I can't be there but my good friend Elder Wall promised me pictures. :) 
Hard work and faithfullness really does reap blessings, even when you don't see them. That's why we must always have faith in God and His promises. That's something I must admit I have doubted from time to time in my hardest moments, but you know, it really is true. And how much hope can we find in that?

I wanted to tell you more about the fun I've had talking with people on the street but I'll just keep it short and say that it's been the week of philisophical men. One of which was in Saratov. We got to work in the sisters area in the middle of the city. Everyone was being ridiculously nice to us and then this guy says "hey, tell me something." I kinda rolled my eyes, thinking 'I know this type. They don't really want to listen.' But he actually did want to listen and it turned out I made a good friend! :) Sasha, who knows english, has traveled all around europe & chatted with me about self perfection/progression, evolution, and eventually, with skill of conversation navigation, the Restoration. He's the typical beefy russian with a surfer/hippie mentality and childlike heart. We also ended up looking for a lost hairless dog that he worried about getting out of the cold... oh the adventures!! 

Okay so now I'm forfeiting time to write personal letters to explain the package a bit more, I don't feel like I got the chance. I did write little notes on more things to explain but from in the hassle of sending it, they got lost. (the postal worker ended up emptying and refilling the box multiple times... don't wanna talk about it. ;) I really do hope you enjoyed it. It was the best I could do in order to get everyone in the family a little something. & the chips were a last mintute thing to fill the rest of the box in a light weight, cheep, tasty way. The extra sock and stuff can go to anyone who wants it, and each grandma should get one of the scarves and one of the hanky things. You are free to swith socks or whatever if you want. & I plan on getting you guys other things before I go. But I dont know what you want and i don't want to spend money on something you don't want. SO each of you needs to think of something. I will send a list of options later if you cant think of something now.

Love youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!1
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment