Monday, December 2, 2013

November 11th 2013

Hey! So I've got lots to catch up on since I didn't really write last week. It's been kinda a crazy weekend escpecially since we got our transfer call on Wednesday! I'm staying in Balakova with a new comp and Sister Sigman is going north to Kazan. And we had a zone conference this weekend so we left Balakova Thursday up to Saratov!!! :))) Then had exchanges and a Saratov District conference with President Bennett and now I'm in Samara to pick up my companion. Whew! and I don't get back to Balakova until Wednesday. But to be honest I could have stayed in Saratov forever. If President Shwaub asked me to serve the rest of my mission in Dachney (or anywhere in Saratov) I would be the happiest sister alive. I don't know what it is about that place. I always heard missionaries talk about Saratov when I served here in Samara and I always wondered... what's so great about that place??... and then I was called there and served one beautiful cycle that I'll always remember. Saratov just has this gritty-ness, a character and richness that is so real and... Russian. Ahh.. I just love it sooooo much. It broke my heart to pass through on the bus, just reminiscing, knowing that I'll probably never be back to stay. But I got to see everyone at the District Conference on Sunday. It was like coming home, so many smiles, hugs, laughing and tears. The best was seeing the Golybev family-- Dima, Tamara and Lena. I don't know if I told you about them, but I think they are some of my favorite members/people. We taught Tamara, Dima's mom who now has a baptismal date at the end of December. She told me that she's still not super sure about it, she seemed a little scared, but I assured her that everything will work out. I hope it does. I love her so much. I sat next to them and got to spend quality time with Lena, Dima's daughter who is about seven. Sad thing is that I didn't get a picture. It was just so good to be there, I can't even say how much, and I can't even think about anything else so sorry if this letter is kinda sappy. I just felt so alive. :)
I LOVE this country, I love this people, I love this language, I love my mission, the mission president, all the faithful elders and sisters, all the miraculous members. It's just perfect and I'm so, so grateful to my Heavenly Father. 
Okay, so I thought I had a lot to say but now all I can think about is Saratov... 
congrats on the new dryer, I forgot those existed. Here on the mission we have something call "air" that dries our clothes.
Congrats to those in our stake called to Russia. I hope they love it as much as I do. Sounds like she was called to the Rostov mission which has the Olympics soon in Sochi. That's where everyone in my mission goes on vacation. (Well, there and Egypt.) So I hear it's beautiful down there! :) Let them know that they can email me if they have any questions!! :) Also one thing I thought of this weekend while traveling is that I wish my carry on was something a little more portable, like a duffel bag is really nice for visa trips and transfers, etc. 
Also, whatever the government is doing, the Russians don't like it... usually people think it's cool that I'm American but lately they've had different reactions... and I keep hearing political stuff I don't know about.
I love you family! you don't know how much you help carry me through. Sometimes when I'm on the street and I'm having a hard time I think about you and I think about how no matter what happens I will always have a family (&friends) at home that will love and adore me. 
Have a great week!! 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment