Monday, December 2, 2013

November 4th 2013

I never want to be that missionary who preaches through my letters just cause I know that can get annoying but here are some quotes from the prophets that meant a lot to me this week.
"Brethren, discipleship is a life-long journey following our Savior. Along our metaphorical path from Bethlehem to Golgotha, we will have many opportunities to abandon our journey. At times it will seem that the path requires more than we had wished for. But as men of the priesthood, we must have the courage to follow our Redeemer, even when our cross seems too heavy to bear."
(I would also add "as women of the priesthood covenant")
--President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Four Titles," April 2013 General Conference (I still am waiting for last gen conf in English)
I have felt that a few times on my mission where I have been tempted to let up, or even give up, to "abandon the journey" as he put it. But we can't ever do that in our lives. Ever!! It just doesn't pay. 

"We may have to struggle to achieve our goals, but our struggles may yield as much growth as our learning. The strengths we develop in overcoming challenges will be with us in the eternities to come."
--Elder Dallin H. Oaks
This reminds me of what our branch president said in his testimony this week that we must not be sad about trials in knowing that God loves enough to try us, that He sees the potential in us so much that He would help us grow through our trials.

Okay and just one more, pretty long quote but it's the best so hang tight. 
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past--redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secured. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer and labor with power. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go til He comes, give til He stops me and when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."
--President Henry B. Eyring

I'm all in. 
I entered the waters of baptism. I made temple covenants. I put on this tag. I crossed the line. 
Satan may fight for my soul but it already belongs to Christ--the Creator and Redeemer, the all-merciful, loving and all-powerful Being.
The victory is already won.
 
 
Eh, I think I realized the toughness of a mission from day 1 but it's just been a bit confusing lately when I feel like I'm becoming a better and better missionary in terms of my abilities and ability to follow the Spirit but the results I've seen have gotten less and less. And I hear everything that's going on with everyone else in the mission and it made me start to wonder if I was a dud and if I really belonged in this mission. But that was definitely Satan because I have so many signs and proof that this is exactly my mission and exactly where I'm supposed to be. So I just had to look in the mirror and say "No. No Satan, you're wrong and I will not listen to you." (refer to my patriarcal blessing if you want :) )  That's helped.
ahh thanks so much for your letter this week dad, you seriously have no idea the significance of what you said. I love you :) You know, I don't think I remember you telling me much about you mission... 
That's so cool--Bishop Fredrickson!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment