Monday, December 2, 2013

September 30th 2013

 I'm still in complete shock. Guess where I'm at now? In the middle of nowhere. I saw cows today for the first time in 9 months. And a bunch of fields and nothingness for four hours on a bumpy road in van that I'm sure got air at some point. Yep, I got transferred. They took me away from Dachney!!!!! :( Sister Kiestler and I both got transferred out! There weren't enough sisters and now there are going to be elders there. I am now in Balakovo! Which is cool but I'm just so confused and sad. I loved Dachney so much. We worked so hard and I think there will always be a little piece of me there. The only thing that consoles me in leaving is the knowledge that we did the very best we knew how and left it better that we found it. I want to always work that way--with no regrets. I'm kinda freaking out that I'm already half way through my mission, and it keeps getting faster and faster!
I don't really have much else to say this week. My experience in Dachney has just really taught me a lot in general. What I've learned from being transferred out so unexpectedly is that I need to let go of some things, even it they're good, in order to allow myself to enjoy all the other good things in life (like this cute, quaint Balakovo town). I'm like one of those raccoons in Where a Red Fern Grows who won't let the shiny thing go and ends up trapped. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who sees the big picture and leads me along even when I'm a little reluctant at times. 
We keep having lots of rain just about every day and it's getting coooold. I'm already in my coat, hat, gloves and boots! Autumn was pretty short and it basically already feels like winter. They say it's been an unusually cold September so sounds like I'm in for a true Russian winter!
Mom, My shoes are held up just fine. I'll be getting new flats next summer but for now it looks like it'll be boots for a good while.
Love and adore you,
Sister Johnson

Oh and I forgot to mention we had 24 hours to move! but we also got to witness a baptism in our district! It was a precious service for a young man in the other branch that we share the church building with.

No comments:

Post a Comment